Need a reason to visit Ottawa this summer?
The Collaborative Research Team (CRT) on Modern Techniques for Survey Sampling and Complex Data is organizing a four-day in-person Summer School on Modern Methods in Survey Sampling for graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, statisticians working in government or industry such as Statistics Canada, and young researchers, to be held at the University of Ottawa from July 5 to 8, 2022. The registration cost is C$200, and there are several accommodation options, including free residence rooms for graduate students. A number of no-cost guest passes are available for graduate students with limited funding.
The summer school will be especially relevant to those interested in the following topics:
• Data integration techniques
• Machine learning methods
• High dimensional inference problems
• Causal inference and missing data
• Analysis of survey data
Presentations will be delivered by a highly distinguished group of international scholars:
• Camelia Goga, Université de Franche-Comté
• David Haziza, University of Ottawa
• Jae-kwang Kim, Iowa State University
• Xiao-Li Meng, Harvard University
• Jason Poulos, Harvard University
• Changbao Wu, University of Waterloo
• Shu Yang, North Carolina State University
Visit the Eventbrite page for full details and to register.