CANSSI offers support for:
- Collaborative Research Team projects – CANSSI offers approximately $180,000 for this type of project, designed for a three-year timeline.
- Conferences, workshops and thematic programs – We accept proposals three times a year (mid-February, mid-June and mid-September).
- Graduate Student Exchange Scholarships – Proposals are due four months before the start date of the proposed exchange.
- Postdoctoral positions – CANSSI offers up to two postdoctoral fellowships per year. Applications are due January 31.
- Distinguished Visitor Program – CANSSI member institutes can apply to invite a leading statistical scientist to give a lecture at their university.
- Rapid Response Program – This program is designed to support CANSSI members who are in the position to provide critical research support on rapidly emerging problems important to society on a provincial, national, and/or international scale.
- Support for Undergraduate Datathons – CANSSI member institutions can take advantage of a streamlined process to apply for support to host an undergraduate datathon or hackathon.
- Student support for SAMSI workshops – Partial support for SAMSI’s Education and Outreach programs is available on an ongoing basis. Applications should be sent no later than two months before the workshop date.