Full and Final Slate
The June 2 Annual General Meeting (at McGill University, Montreal) will include a vote on members of the Board of Directors. Each member institution has one vote. Member institutions are encouraged to send a representative to the AGM.
The initial Board of CANSSI was formed in November 2012 by the Executive of the Statistical Society of Canada. Three years ago, CANSSI instituted a process of Board renewal, and proposed a slate of Board members to begin staggered terms of one, two or three years. Currently new Board members’ terms are 3 years. This year, CANSSI is newly incorporated. The Articles of Incorporation require between 3 and 15 directors on the Board. The actual number is then fixed at annual meetings of the members. This year’s agenda includes a resolution that the number be fixed at 12. The Board Nominating Committee has selected two new candidates, Mark Girolami (Alan Turing Institute for Data Science) and Claudia Tebaldi (National Center for Atmospheric Research). In addition, there was one nomination for the institutional member representative position, Farouk Nathoo (University of Victoria). No ballot is required this year.
The agenda puts forth a resolution that the following persons are elected directors of CANSSI, to hold office for the term set out beside their names, in compliance with By-law No. 1.
- Michael Boehnke, 2 years: to June 30, 2020
- Charmaine Dean, 1 year: to June 30, 2019
- Mark Girolami, 3 years: to June 30, 2021
- Arvind Gupta, 1 year: to June 30, 2019
- Joan Hu, 2 years: to June 30, 2020
- Paul Kovacs, 1 year: to June 30, 2019
- Alexandre Leblanc, 1 year: to June 30, 2019
- Adrian Levy, 1 year: to June 30, 2019
- Farouk Nathoo, 3 years: to June 30, 2021
- Claudia Tebaldi, 3 years: to June 30, 2021
- Mary Thompson, 1 year: to June 30, 2019
- Wesley Yung, 2 years: to June 30, 2020
CANSSI would like to thank Arnoldo Frigessi, Chad Gaffield, Liqun Wang and Francis Zwiers whose terms on the Board come to an end this year.