Position Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Position Location: Department of Mathematics and Statistics & World Health Innovation Network at Odette School of Business, University of Windsor, ON, Canada
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of this position is to work on a CIHR-funded project to develop and/or apply existing statistical and machine-learning methodologies to the analysis of health care data sets pertinent to the COVID-19 pandemic. The successful applicant will work with a national team of researchers including those at the World Health Innovation Network, Departments of Mathematics and Statistics and Department of Computer Science of the University of Windsor on the linkage and analysis of large databases from different stakeholders such as the CIHI. The candidate will develop statistical inference methods relevant to the project and will implement them by using the R, Python, and/or the SAS software. The candidate will help with writing manuscripts and technical reports and participate in the meetings of the research team.
1. Doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, or related quantitative fields
2. Strong programming skills, preferably in R/Python and SAS
3. Excellent communication skills (oral and written )
4. Knowledge of modern regression analysis methods for Spatio-temporal data; Statistical and Machine Learning predictive modeling;
5. Strong background in theoretical development in probability and statistics and specifically in high dimensional Spatio-temporal data analysis.
Additional desired qualifications:
1. Prior experiences with cleaning and linking health care databases such as CIHI and ICES databases
2. Prior experience with analytics of supply chain in health care
Duration: 1 year
Starting date: as soon as possible
Salary: Commensurate with experience with an upper bound of 60k
Application: Outstanding candidates are invited to submit a letter of application detailing their relevant background to Dr. Abdulakdir Hussein at email@example.com with a cover letter and a CV with the names of at least two relevant reference contacts.
Application closing date: July 10, 2020