The Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute (CANSSI) invites proposals for an international workshop in an emerging area of the statistical sciences, to be held at the Fields Institute May 29-31, 2014, immediately following the meeting of the Statistical Society of Canada, taking place at the University of Toronto. This would be an ideal opportunity for a workshop associated with a CANSSI Collaborative Research Team (CRT) project, or with an effort which might become a CRT project in future.
Please send your proposal by July 31, 2013 to Mary E. Thompson, Scientific Director, CANSSI.
The proposal should include:
- The title of the workshop
- A discussion of the scientific theme of the workshop, recent progress in the area, and possible future directions
- Aims of the workshop
- The organizing committee
- Outline of the workshop program
- A list of proposed speakers
- An indication of the expected participants, with names and affiliations where possible
- Plans for the involvement of HQP
- A proposed budget*
- Possible sources of additional funds
- Two-page CVs of the organizing committee members
Useful information on how to prepare a proposal can be found at http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/proposals/other_activity.html
CANSSI will judge the submission on the importance of the area, the likely impact of the workshop on research in the statistical sciences in Canada, and the potential of the workshop for fostering cross-disciplinary collaboration.
*Up to $25K of CANSSI funds may be available for the travel and accommodation expenses and registration of invited speakers who do not have their own funding, and for student travel.