The Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute (CANSSI) invites proposals for international workshops or conferences in emerging areas of the statistical sciences, to be held in 2020. These may be held at the Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences, the Fields Institute, the Centre de recherches mathématiques, or another Canadian institution, hotel or conference centre.
Please send your proposal by February 15, 2019 to email@example.com.
The proposal should include:
- The title of the workshop or conference event
- The proposed dates and venue, with availability confirmed
- A discussion of the scientific theme of the event, recent progress in the area, and possible future directions
- Aims of the event
- The organizing committee
- Outline of the program
- A list of proposed speakers, with names and affiliations, and how each would fit into the program
- An indication of the expected participants
- Plans for the involvement of students and postdoctoral fellows
- A proposed budget
- Possible sources of additional funds
- Two-page CVs of the organizing committee members
CANSSI will judge the submission on the importance of the area, the likely impact of the event on research in the statistical sciences in Canada, and the potential of the event for fostering cross-disciplinary collaboration.
See here for general guidelines for workshop or conference proposals.