We want to welcome our new CANSSI Board Members for 2020-2023, voted in at CANSSI’s Annual General Meeting in June. Their appointment to the Board will support CANSSI’s mission to advance the development, application, and communication of cutting-edge statistical and inferential data science research and training.
- Tim Hesterberg is a Senior Data Scientist at Google.
- Karen Kopciuk is a Research Scientist in the Department of Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention Research, Alberta Health Services and an Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of Calgary in the Departments of Mathematics and Statistics, and Oncology and Community Health Sciences.
- Shili Lin is a Professor of Statistics at the Ohio State University (OSU) and the Co-Director of the Computational Health and Life Sciences Community of Practice in the Translational Data Analytics Institute at OSU.
- Eric Rancourt is the Director General of the Modern Statistical Methods and Data Science Branch at Statistics Canada.
- Nancy Reid is the former Scientific Director of CANSSI as well as Professor and Canada Research Chair in Statistical Methodology at the University of Toronto. This is Nancy’s second term on the Board.
- Xuebin Zhang is a Senior Research Scientist with Environment and Climate Change Canada.
They’ll join ongoing Board members: Don Estep, Mark Girolami, Paul Kovacs, Adrian Levy, Lisa Lix, Farouk Nathoo, and Laxmi Sushama. Our Board of Directors provides diverse views and expertise in the statistical and data science fields. Please join CANSSI in welcoming our new Board Members!